Master Classes were created in direct response to feedback from the AFCI membership. In developing the program, the AFCI staff surveyed member commissions and worked with an education committee and the AFCI Board of Directors to determine what film commissioners wanted to study…
Who should take Master Classes?
Master Classes are designed for professionals who have worked extensively in the industry and are interested in advanced educational opportunities. Although it is permissible to take one or more of these classes, Certified Film Commissioner Program graduates must complete all four Master Classes…
What are the Prerequisites for Master Classes?
Individuals interested in Master Classes must demonstrate successful completion of Film Commission Fundamentals and Film Commission Professional. Once a Master Class is completed, the participant will receive a Certificate of Mastery for the respective specialty…
Value of an OCFA Member Film Commission
OCFA Member Film Commissions serve as a general resource and clearinghouse for information throughout the region and assist with the following services.
- Tax Incentive Navigation
- Liaison with government departments/agencies
- Logistical information regarding crew, talent, facilities, stages, equipment, and support services
- Setting standards of professionalism
- Site location photography
- Regional scouting services
- Location library
- Serving as a clearinghouse for production information